Miller Corporation and All That Jazz
When I hear Larry H. Miller two things instantly come to mind—car dealerships and the Utah Jazz. But the Larry H. Miller Corporation (LHM) is much more than that. A vast network of retail stores, finance services, and sports teams, LHM extends its arm of commerce across the US, operating in forty-three states.
But profit isn’t LHM’s only focus. Here’s the low down on the charitable legacy that Larry Miller left behind and that Gail Miller, who was featured in the magazine’s summer issue, continues to build.
- Larry H. & Gail Miller Family Foundation looks to support religious, charitable, scientific, literary, and educational purposes.
- Leapin’ Learners & Low Tops combines forces annually with the Utah Jazz to raise money for nonprofit organizations that emphasize the health and education of women and children in communities where LHM conducts business.
- Driven 2 Teach sends history teachers to historic sites across the US in an effort to improve classroom instruction.
- LHM Education Foundation provides assistance and scholarships to dependent children of full-time employees.
- Million Miles at Miller—an annual cycling race held at Miller Motorsports Park—benefits Special Olympics Utah.
- Miller Golf Classic raises money for Larry H. Miller Charities which support local programs that build awareness for women’s and children’s issues.
- LHM Day of Service brings LHM employees out in droves to help with local community projects. With an army of 10,000 strong, this day makes a big impact.
- Christmas Carole Sing-Along brings the spirit of the season to Utah. Held in the Energy Solutions Arena, the free event provides an opportunity for Utahans to enjoy classic carols with 19,000 friends and a thirty-piece orchestra.